Today I’m going to share top “15 haircare tips every girl should know” to maintain healthy hair. Healthy hair is a sign of overall health and habits. It can’t be always achieved through high-end brand products or spending money on shampoos or serums. It needs all the time and care.
Here come some basic haircare tips every girl should know:
- Don’t brush wet hair as it is more prone to hair breakage. Always use a wide-tooth comb to de-tangle the hair.
- Remember to keep yourself well hydrated from inside. Have a water-bottle with you always when you are at work or college/ where ever.
- If you have dry/frizz hair, use hair serums which will moisturize the hair with oil or silicones. Always use few drops of it! Apply few drops at ends and work along the length.
- Use Sulphate, paraben and alcohol free shampoos because these chemicals would strip the moisture-off from your hair.
- Don’t treat hair with heat and harsh chemicals often. Hair coloring, bleaches, straightening and other permanent treatments are damaging if done repeatedly.
- Pamper the hair with olive oil or coconut oil. Applying oil on the damp hair absorbs quickly.
- Whenever you style your hair, use a heat protectant and it is a must. Heat protectant comes in various forms like oil, serums and spray.
- Avoid hair-ties with metal end as it breaks your hair.
- Avoid wearing hair in high-ponytails all time and avoid hair styles that pull your hair tightly.
- Try to dry the hair naturally under ceiling fans. Don’t use hair- driers always. Keep them for emergencies alone.
- Hair breakage is often due to the hair-styles we make. If you don’t really care about the hairstyles then simply have a loose braid when you are at home/where ever. Braiding is a healthy hair style.
- Avoid splits ends always! Trimming is the only way. Trim your hair every month about 2 to 1 inch.
- Taking oil-bath once in week helps to lower the body temperature and pressure. Also it helps to cool down the system. Heat the castor oil slightly and apply all over the head and along the hair length. Leave it for 30 minutes and take hair wash with mild shampoo or shikakai herbal powder.
- Eat omega-3 rich foods for healthy hair. Fish, flaxseed, nuts and other foods are rich in omega-3.
- If your body is not receiving any better/enough nutrition, neither your hair! Easily breakable, weak and limp hair is a sign of poor diet. Add fresh vegetables, green leaves and fruits in your diet.
Our hair adds so much to our personality. It deserves some time and care :)
Share your healthy hair care tips in the comments below :)
Image Source: 1