Cleaning your makeup brushes is crucial to keep up the quality of your brushes also maintaining the lifetime of the brushes. If not, most importantly your skin will become a victim! So to protect your skin and brushes, you to need keep your makeup brushes clean :) Cars, walking into stores, malls etc I have seen infinity neither number of girls applying their makeup nor do some touch ups. Each time you do some makeup, it picks up the makeup and also the natural oils from your skin as well. That dirt does accumulate in the brushes and may hit your skin finally!
So the build ups should be removed on the regular basis. It isn’t a tedious process.
Here is how to do it,
- Pick up your all makeup brushes and gather it near the sink.
- Pour some baby shampoo (I use Johnson and Johnson’s) onto the palm.
- Take one brush at a time and gently rub in the baby shampoo. Then swirl the brush around gently. This method will pull out the dirt accumulate deep inside the brush.
- Now take the brush into the running water and slowly rinse the shampoo out.
- Squeeze the excess water from the brush and lay onto a clean towel.
- Gently wipe each brush back and forth with towel. Let them dry in air for some time
That’s it. It’s simple and easy to do which takes less than 10 to 15 minutes. I recommend cleaning your brushes once in a week this will help your brushes to stay soft and lush! You can spend 15 minutes once in week and then your skin will thank you. You can also use Makeup Brush cleansers that are available in the market. If you think it costs much than your budget, then can use olive oil, baby shampoo etc.
How often should you clean your brushes?
- Foundation brushes- once in a week
- Blush brush- once in a week
- Eye Shadow brushes- every 2 to 3 days
- Eyeliner brushes- after every use
Budget Makeup Brushes Under Rs.300:
- Vega eye groomer Brush- Rs.50
- Vega Face Pack brush- Rs.70
- Vega Blush Brush- Rs.110
- Vega Powder brush- Rs.140
- Faces foundation and concealer brush – Rs.159
- Vega Makeup brush set- Rs.185
- Faces Lip Filler- Rs.199
- Faces Lip Liner Brush- Rs.199
- Faces Mascara and Eyebrow Brush- Rs.249
- Faces concealer brush- Rs.249
- Faces Eye shadow brush- Rs.249
- Faces Angled Eye shadow Brush- Rs.249
- Colorbar Emphaseyes Eye Blending Brush- Rs.250
- Colorbar Smokin’ Eyes Smudger Brush- Rs.250
- Faces Eye Liner Brush- Rs.299
Also there are Brush Sets available in online shops with Rs.300.
Hope you find this post useful :) take care of your makeup brushes.