I received countable number of e-mails lately asking me for ‘what is the best brand for lip scrubs?’. I said it’s You! Yeah when it comes to few products it is possible to try it out yourself at home and because you can find it more effective, cheaper and best alternatives.
Here D.I.Y lip scrub are top of my list!
Sugar- best for gentle and soft exfoliation when it comes to lips
Raw Honey/Oil- adds plenty of moisture to lips
You can add baking soda instead of sugar but baking soda is lot finer than the sugar and it might give you a harsh exfoliation to your lips.
You will need...
- Sugar-1 tablespoon
- Raw Honey- 1 tablespoon
- Almond oil- 1tablespoon
- Vanilla extract- few drops
Steps to Follow:
- Add sugar to a clean bowl. I don’t store when it comes to homemade lip scrubs so if you like you can store in air-tight container in refrigerator.
- Add almond oil to the sugar. Now almond oil is the best oil for pampering lips. I used Dabur almond oil here.
- Then our show’s topper Honey, add raw honey to the sugar and almond oil mixture. Now don’t add too much honey. Lip scrub might go liquidy.
- Mix all the ingredients using a fork! And finally mix vanilla drops to the scrub.
- Now honey kisses lip scrub is all ready to use!
Apply some petroleum jelly on lips before you go bath. After bath take Honey kisses lip scrub and apply onto the lips and gently exfoliate the lips. Don’t be harsh on skin. Do scrubs for 2 minutes then wash it off with tap water. You can now apply your regular lip balm or almond oil to lips for the moisturizing process.
Have you tried honey kisses lip scrub at home?