Today I’m up with a D.I.Y mask that will be helpful for hiding pores and control sebum for oily skin people. Skin pores are something you can’t shrink right away but you can hide the pores using clay masque in thrice or twice a week. Clay masque is also helpful to deep clean the pores. As we all know clay masques are best for oily-skin and also it acts as a cleansing agent. On the whole the masque is suitable for acne-prone skin too.
So let’s get started!
You will need...
- 1 bag of green tea- I used semi-crushed pure green tea leaves here. Green tea has anti-oxidant property and acts as a best toner for acne/oily skin.
- Clay suitable for face/fuller’s earth- I used fuller’s earth here. You can use any suitable clay for face.
- Lemon drops- help to nourish the skin.
- Rose water-gives cooling sensation and helps to tone the skin.
Steps to Follow:
- Add 2-1 tablespoon of fuller’s earth to a clean bowl.
- Cut a fresh lemon and add few drops to the fuller’s earth.
- Next add ½ tablespoon of rose water to the fuller’s earth.
- Now take the tea bag and put it into a boiled distilled bowl of water. Wait for 5 minutes and stain the green tea. Next add the green tea into the above fuller’s earth mixture. Don’t stir it right away.
- Leave the mixture for 5 minutes. Let the clay settle down with green tea and all other ingredients.
- After 5 minute, mix all the ingredients well using the backside of a fork.
- Now the clay masque is all ready to use!
- Apply the clay masque onto the clean face and leave it for 20 minutes. Wash it off with plain water and end the task with your favorite moisturizer.
- This masque works best for oily skin. Dry skin people also can try the mask but it depends on what type of clay you use!
- Always after the clay masque use a light moisturizer on face. If you have sensitive/reactive skin then try a patch test first.
- Clay is best for drawing out the oil, dirt, impurities and helps to deep clean pores.
- Green tea draws out the free radicals and toxins that help to recover skin from sun damage. It also treats inflammations and pimples.
I hope you find the post useful and interesting! Kindly share your thoughts below!
Have you tired green tea lemon clay masque?