Today I’ll be reviewing the best anti-dandruff shampoo I used so far, Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Solution. Read on the full review to find more about the product effectiveness.
Price: Rs.100 for 50ml
- Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Solution with Ketoconazole 1%
- Helps to get rid of frustrating dandruff, giving you long lasting relief
- It can be freely used on all hair types, colored hair and also with other hair grooming products
- Initially, use 5 ml solution twice a week for 4 weeks. Subsequently, use 5 ml solution once a week.
My Take on the Product:
Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Solution comes in travel friendly packaging, but I find the cap is real tight. The solution is in light-blue color. It has very runny consistency and mild fragrance, the fragrance is more or like baby shampoos, real mild.
4 years back when I suffered from serious dandruff problem, I went for medication and the doctor who attended me prescribed this shampoo. After I started using for 2 weeks my dandruff problem got reduced by 55%. The shampoo doesn’t dry out my hair or my scalp, and after that I hardly tried out other anti-dandruff shampoos in the market. The shampoo is mild and lathers well. It’s not very suitable for daily use, so you can use only twice a week as mentioned on the bottle. You might need a conditioner/hair masque after the shampoo if you have very dry/dry hair.
The way I use the solution is-
I lather Nizoral solution on my hair & scalp well and wash with Luke-warm water. Then again I use the solution on my hair, scalp leave it for 3 to 4 minutes, then will rinse hair well. By this method, you are giving few minutes to solution to work on the dandruff. This way is effective than normal rinsing.
By 4 to 5 weeks time dandruff is eliminated by 85%, but once you stop the shampoo there are some chances for the dandruff reoccurrence, that’s an only problem (it depends). So what I do is I use the solution once in twice a week and this helps to keep scalp clean. The 50 ml bottle lasts for 10 to 12 uses only. Again it depends on your usage.
GOOD about Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Solution:
- Available through all department stores and medical shops
- Cleanses scalp effectively without over drying
- Effective on dandruff and helps to eliminate by 70% in 3 to 4 weeks use
- Doesn’t make hair dry or limp
- Fights dandruff from the first use onwards
- Leaves hair soft and manageable
NOT-SO-GOOD about Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Solution:
- A Bottle comes for few uses only
- Dandruff reoccurrence happens once the product is stopped
- Doesn’t suit well for dry hair, but a good conditioner can take care of that dryness
- Doesn’t work so effective over excessive dandruff problems
Nizoral Anti-Dandruff Solution is the best solution I so far tried. Though the bottle gets over soon, the shampoo does helps to fight dandruff. But one should use the solution in regular intervals to keep scalp clean from dandruff. Also it’s easily available and effective! I highly recommend this one if you are looking for a good-working anti-dandruff shampoo.
Have you tried Nizoral solution? What’s your favorite anti-dandruff shampoo?
P.S I got featured on WiseShe blog last week in the Meet the blogger series ^_^. Do check out the post Here. Also don’t forget to leave your comments, it means lot to me ^_^.